Monday, December 7, 2009

The Rivalry

This may come as a shock to many of you but this was my FIRST rivalry game!  I grew up as a cougar fan (as many of you know) since my Dad is a die hard Y fan!  He was heartbroken when I decided to go to Utah State but told me since their colors were blue and white, it was okay.  Ha ha ha. 

I have watched many many BYU vs. U of U games but never been in attendance before.  We sat with a bunch of other couples in our ward and had a good time.  Here is a pic of Shauna and I when things were going great.  Sun still out, Cougs ahead...yeah, things were good. 


Then, the temperature dropped as well as the cougar lead.  Into the 4th quarter our lead began to narrow and I got a knot in my stomach.  I don't think Zack has ever seen me so worried or tense. I was yelling and screaming for it to NOT go into overtime.  Murphy's law thought it would teach me a lesson (as it often does) and into over time we went.   We ended up pulling it off!!  We couldn't have been more thrilled!


We were so excited that we ran down with the rest of the crazy fans and rushed the field!


Here is a VERY happy Zack and I on the field


Woo Cougars!  Bragging rights for the next year!  

No comments: