Monday, January 28, 2013

Fresh Air

It has been a very long time since we played outside!  With all the holiday activities, traveling, frigid temperatures and a lazy pregnant mom, our poor girl has been cooped up inside for far too long!  While Zack was leaving for school today Elise followed him and and was so sad she couldn't also go outside.  I realized that it was a high of 40 degrees today so we better take advantage and get out there!
I told her that before going outside we had to get our jacket on!  Anytime I tell her about her jacket she gets excited because that means we are going somewhere!  She happily ran around the house with me to get her shoes, socks, mittens, hat and coat on.  She even posed for a picture too.  Isn't she so cute all bundled up?!


It was probably the best hour we have spent in a long time!  So easy for me!  I just followed her around for an hour as she played in the swing, crushed all the snow, and played in all of the many, many, MANY puddles we found on our way.  
By the time we got home she was SO wet from jumping in all the big deep puddles!  Her hands were as cold as ice but I think she would say it was worth it!  It was so nice to be outside for a little bit!  Tomorrow the high is 58 (what?!) so we are planning to head out to the zoo!  Can't wait!

1 comment:

Shantel said...

She is so cute. I'm glad that you guys got outside for a bit. Fresh air works wonders.