Sunday, January 20, 2013

My 27th Birthday

My birthday was last Saturday and so far, it went off with a bang!  Zack has a big test on Monday so I knew he would be studying all weekend long.  I decided that rather than pout about the fact that he would be gone I would plan my own party :)  I emailed some of my girlfriends and we were able to get a fun group together!  
Katie, Jenn, Me, Emily and Sarah
I chose to have us get dinner at The Chancery.  It is a local Wisconsin restaurant chain and it has super yummy burgers.  I was the only one who had ever been before, so I hope the other girls liked it!  It was fun to be out without the kids and even the husbands so we could all get some girl time in!  They even made sure that I was sang to and that I got my free cream puff!

After dinner we took a short break while I picked up Elise and got her bathed and put down for bed.  Then I invited all the girls back over for more treats and a movie!  Sarah was so sweet and offered to do the cake for me. She did not disappoint!  This cake was so delicious and rich I could barley finish my piece!
We finished the night off with the movie Pitch Perfect.  None of us had ever seen it before and we all thought it was a pretty funny show!  Certainly a great one to watch with a fun group of girls.  I had a great birthday!  Thanks again ladies for humoring me and joining me in the fun!  It wouldn't have been the same without you!

Zack did promise to make it up to me that he had to study all weekend so I'm sure we'll have more birthday fun next weekend!!  I love when birthdays last all week long!

2 comments:

Shantel said...

So fun! I hope you had a great birthday.

Niederfam said...

Happy 27th!!! I'll have to TRY making that cake. Did you get the recipe??? ;)

Fun friends, FUN night "out" ;)