Friday, November 23, 2012

Zack's Birthday

Zack turned the big 2-7 on November 14th!  We tried to celebrate the day in style and to make sure that he felt loved and appreciated!  We started out the morning by surprising him with breakfast in bed- crepes!  They were delicious, if I do say so myself! 

Unfortunately, real life does continue even if it is your birthday so he had to head off to school!  Elise and I wrapped all of his gifts and made him his birthday cake AND his favorite cookies (homemade oreos) while he was gone! 

When he got him the fun began!  We had a yummy dinner complete with the famous "You Are Special" plate :)  After dinner we got out all of our surprises! 
Elise had so much fun helping Daddy I'm pretty sure that she thought it was her birthday, it was so cute!!  Instead of a traditional card we made him a candy gram!  It's way more clever and funny and comes with a bunch of candy, so who wouldn't like it?!
I always have a very difficult time thinking of anything I can get for Zack for his birthday, I was so relieved when he liked his shoes!
We also got him a new sweatshirt and long sleeve shirt to get him through the cold Wisconsin winter. 
When we sang him Happy Birthday Elise was very excited and enjoyed being sung to.  I think she is getting to be a pro at this birthday thing!  Zack requested I made "BTS" cake or Skor cake if you will. It was very tasty!!  It was a great day and lots of fun!  We had a great time celebrating one of our favorite people!  Happy Birthday Zack, we sure do love you!!

No comments: