Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Practically Perfect in Every Way

No, I'm not talking about me.  Ha ha ha, as if any of you thought that :)  I'm talking about my sweet Elise.  I wanted to update everyone that we had a fabulous night of rest here last night!  Here is how that was accomplished: I had a white noise machine in Elise's room (have for months now), white noise machine in our room, ear plugs, windows open and poof! 9 hours of sleep was obtained!!  I can't tell you how great it feels to have slept so long and to not have to get up several times in the night.  Even if you only get up for 5 minutes, it really takes a toll.  We'll see if this method works again tonight, fingers crossed!! 

I know that my last post was a big rant on lack of sleep, but besdies that Elise truly is a great little girl!  She has always taken great naps (still does) and is so much fun to be around!  She is learning so many new things this month that I wanted to share:

-She blows kisses!!!  She saw someone do it on TV and immediately mimicked it!!  It is the cutest thing ever!!
-She plays peek a boo
-In the song, "If You're Happy and You Know It" she has figured out how to say "hooray!" for the third verse!
-She waves hi and bye to everyone she sees!
-She still LOVES dogs with all her heart.  I wish we could give her one :)
-She loves to give kisses to me and her dad.  She even makes a little smooching noise while she does it.
-She loves to eat Strawberries!!  Definitely one of her favorite foods!

1 comment:

emily said...

she does sound practically perfect. and perhaps if she keeps sleeping like she did, she'll reach perfection. :)

i'll cross my fingers for you, too. :) yay!