Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Christmas Day

We were able to spend Christmas day with my family.  We had a wonderful time opening gifts, eating yummy food, and playing games together.  This is where Zack and I did most of our gift opening and we had to wait until about 2pm to do it!  Even though I am not a kid anymore I was dying to get in there and open my presents!!!  I still get excited :)
Here is our family by the tree!  We were so excited!  We decided to let Elise start us off and we had to let her open her biggest gift first.  It turned out to be a new stroller since her other one was stolen! 
For Zack this was his clothes Christmas!  He already has everything he needs (we both do!) and so we decided to gear him up with lots and lots of warm clothes for him to walk back and forth from school in.
My big gift this year was the Kindle Fire.  I have been wanting a kindle for years now but couldn't rationalize spending the money on one because I never buy books- I always check them out from the library.  With the kindle fire you can check out ebooks and get apps, surf the web, play music, etc.  I was sold!  I knew Zack was getting it for me so I couldn't wait until Christmas for me to get my new toy! I am so glad I got it!  I use it all the time- and it is awesome to use as my scriptures at church too.
One of my favorite things that Elise got was her "Birthday Girl" outfit.  I know that it is something she really will only wear once, but I couldn't resist getting it for her.  It is so cute!
Our whole family was able to be in town this year and it was so much fun to be together.  My brother Ryan and his wife, Becky, are big time gamers!  They brought a new game called Telestrations.  It is a little bit like pictionary mixed with the telephone game.  We had a lot of fun and laughed hard as we played. It was a great Christmas!

1 comment:

Rachel said...

I got a Fire too! Isn't it fabulous?! Glad you had a great Christmas!