Monday, October 24, 2011

Cedarburg, Wisconsin

When my mom was in town, we took a trip to visit Cedarburg.  It is a town about 40 minutes from Milwaukee.  If I had to describe it I would say it is a mix between Park City and Gardner Village. To be honest, it reminds me of the fictional town of Stars Hollow- if only I could have found Lorelai and Luke ;)  We had a blast while there and were lucky enough to have a beautiful fall day.
Here is a picture of my Mom with Elise.  They are standing in front of a mural of the town.  You can see the cute old buildings, bridges, and churches.
 
Here we are on the Interurban bridge.  You can read a little bit about the history on this plaque if you want.
We went to a fun store called Downtown Dough.  They have over 1,600 different cookies cutters.  I have just a few of them in this picture above!  My Mom and I spent some time picking out just the right ones!  I ended up getting a mold, not a cookie cutter.  I'm going to use it for Elise's birthday :)
Here is a cute close up of my mom and Elise.  She loved my mom's necklace as you can see...
They also have several fun places to eat!  We had lunch at The Vintage Cafe and a treat from a restaurant called Cream and Crepe Cafe.  They have entree or dessert crepes- we of course sprung for a dessert one!  It is beautifully situated along the river and has antique quilts hanging on the wall.  My mom loved that part!
 I love all of the fall colors you can see in this picture!
We did a lot of shopping while there! They have several antique stores in town so we spent a lot of time at those.  My mom found another antique pot holder for her collection and some other fun finds!

We left with a loaf of bread from a French bakery as well as a caramel dipped apple from Amy's.  It was the perfect way to spend the day!  If you ever are in Wisconsin, put this on your list of things to do!  The city has lots of different festivals and other fun community things to do as the year goes on so we will try to get to some of those during our time here.  It was a great day!

2 comments:

Holly Petty said...

Oh it looks gorgeous there. What a fun place to explore during the Fall. Elise is getting so big!

Four Seasons Finds said...

Of course it reminded you of Stars Hollow. You and GG, love it!