Sunday, October 30, 2011

Grandma's Visit to Wisconsin

We had such a blast when my mom came to visit!  One day we headed out to Lake Michigan to check out the beach and have a picnic lunch!  It was a lot of fun.
I love this picture!!  Elise is so delighted.  I'm not sure if it is my mom or the wind or what, but she was loving something.  Cute!
Me and my best girl!  Lake Michigan is the largest of the great lakes and man it is huge!  If I didn't know any better I would have thought it was an ocean!  We tested out the water and it was cold but I would have happily slapped on wet suit and jumped in if that meant I could have gone water skiing :)
Around dinner time we went to a family farm called Apple Holler.  It is about 30 minutes south of Milwaukee.  I had heard from many ward members that this is a great place to go, so we decided to check it out.
We had a fun time looking at all the baby animals.  Elise really liked the baby goats.  She laughed at them and was very interested in them.
Another great picture of Elise and Grandma Marie!  Check out those cute pigs in the background :)

They had all sorts of fun activities for kids to do like hay bale maze, pony rides, apple picking, etc. It was fun but I think Elise would have enjoyed it more if she were a little bit older. We still had a great time.  After walking around the farm we decided to eat there.  Many of the dishes use things that are grown right there one the farm.
And to end on, our little flower Elise.

No comments: