Friday, December 17, 2010

Update!

This is more for me and my remembrance than anything, but you all are welcome to read!

I went to the doctor today and here is the latest update:First of all, she is still head down and in the right position.  Good and strong heart beat.  He also said right now she weighs around 7-7.5 lbs and most likely won't get any bigger than that.  I think that will be the perfect size :)  I am dilated to a 2 and am 75% effaced.  Now, while this isn't wonderful- it is progress. I have improved since last week so progress is progress.  The doctor also stripped my membrane.  He said he wasn't able to get as much as he would have liked, but got about 75% of it stripped.  So, that may or may not help.  He said that since I am 4 days away from being 39 weeks, that we can talk about inducing me :)  Music to my ears!  He also said that he was going to try his best to make sure I get the tax cut by having her by the end of the year.  We made an appointment for next Tuesday, December 21st, and said that if I am to an 8 on what he said is the "bishops scale" we can set up a time to induce me!!  Right now I am to a 4 on the scale, so everyone cross your fingers that I move up to an 8 so I am a good candidate!

2 comments:

Jewls said...

Woohoo, she could be here any time! When T went into labor she was only at a 3 and hardly effaced at all! So excited for little Elise to come!!

Niederfam said...

Yay!!!!! Progress IS progress, I'm crossing my fingers for your little "tax cut" I mean Elise!!!! ;)