Thursday, December 23, 2010

An Ode...

(Yes, this is my uncovered baby bump!  Don't worry, this is the most you'll EVER see of it!)

to my belly button!  One thing I was dreading (for no reason other than how vain I am) was the day that my belly button would pop out the opposite direction.  Here I am at 39 and 3/7th of the way and the belly button remains in tact!  I am so proud of it, and I think we have made it through the storm!  

But really, I am so grateful for my body.  Yes I am a girl so of course I have my "list" of things that that I would change or get rid of if I could, but my body has been so amazing this pregnancy.  I have been SO very lucky to have had a very easy, and uncomplicated pregnancy.  When I found out I was pregnant I didn't even get sick until weeks 13,14 and even then I think those were brought on by the cruise.  I was rarely sick, I was able to still go to work and feel fine, I don't even have any stretch marks (thank you long torso!).  I didn't ever have any weird or strange cravings and everything has been smooth!  I have many pregnant friends who sadly have not been as fortunate, and I don't share this to rub it in, I really just wanted to say thank you!  I don't know why I have been so lucky, but I grateful that I have been. I know girls who are sick 90% of their pregnancy and I take my hat off to you!  I don't know how you do it, or how you would ever want to be pregnant again.  Right now (pre-kids) Zack and I say that we still want about 5 kids(some of you may be laughing at us, which is fine)...with such an easy pregnancy that is looking more like a possibility!  Thanks body!  You have been wonderful!  Now, lets get this baby out :)

4 comments:

Rachel said...

Our bodies are amazing! But my mom says that since Jilly was such an easy pregnancy and baby she'll probably be a difficult teenager, so we better watch out!!!

Taylor Lockwood said...

I definitely won't laugh at you about wanting five kids. Even after everything we went through I still want seven :) Ryan on the other hand would be happy with just one.

Adam and Christine said...

Hopefully your delivery goes better than my 1st. I had the best pregnancy until the end so hopefully you will be okay. Can't wait to see pictures.

Wendy said...

I'm so happy for you that your pregnancy has gone so smooth! Such a blessing! And you look really cute :)