Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Graduates

This past Tuesday I graduated from the Wilton Course 1 cake decorating class!  Along with me were my friends Shauna and Rachel.  We had a great time laughing and visiting during our 2 hour class.  We learned a lot of great skills including, but not limited to: correct icing consistency, star tip decorating, round tip writing, piping gel pattern transfers, flowers and figures, shell borders, drop flowers and the Wilton rose.  It was a lot of fun, and I plan to take the next classes soon!  Here is a pictures of my final cake!  I love the spring colors!

9 comments:

Kristen and Garrett Halligan said...

cute, cute! I have some friends over here that are really good at cake decorating, with fondant and everything. I think itd be really fun but so far I dont have a steady or patient enogh hand for most things lol, guess it takes practice! cute cake!!

emily said...

so fun! the cake is really adorable, too.

Niederfam said...

Excellent job!!! Congratulations graduate!!

Elizabeth said...

The cake looks awesome! As Brian would say, "strong work"

Shauna said...

Wow I look HUGE! Can you email this picture to me?

Chris and Amy Darton said...

haha Shauna is not huge... That cake is way cute, I took the Wilton classes and LOVED them! They totally come in handy in life.

P.S. I keep having dreams and thoughts about you that you guys are pregnant- so please just be so I wont think how creepy it is I keep dreaming about you :) haha

Anonymous said...

Ooh - I really want to take a cake decorating class, but it just hasn't happened yet.. :) Did you take it at JoAnn's? or somewhere else?

Heather said...

I love the cake, I want to take a class like that:)

Nicole said...

The cake is so cute! I love it. Now come and teach me :) please!