Saturday, July 6, 2013

4th of July

This year we kept our 4th of July festivities pretty low key since James was just over a month old.  We considered going to the local parade but with my middle of the night feedings and getting everyone up and ready in time...we just stayed home.  There is always next year!! I did manage to get the kids dressed in their best patriotic colors!  They looked pretty adorable! 

I took about 8 pictures of this same shot and this is the best I could get.  I guess that's how it goes when you have little ones!
I love this one of her giving baby brother kisses!  So sweet!  She loved that little flag that my mom got for her when she was in town!
 
After naps and playtime at the park, we headed over to Fred's house for a BBQ. By the time we got there most people had left which left the pool and all the food for us :)  We had a great time and Elise loved having daddy all to herself in the pool.
When we got home our neighbors were roasting s'mores in the fire pit and lighting up some sparklers for the kids. Zack and Elise joined them and I came inside to feed James.  Fireworks are my favorite part of the holiday but this year I had to settle for watching them on TV!  It was a fun and relaxing day!  We all had a great time! 


No comments: