Friday, September 7, 2012

Fall is Here

Can you believe that it is September already?  I feel like it snuck up on me!
Here is today's list of my Friday Five!
 
1- It finally became official that me and my sisters will have a girls weekend in Chicago at the end of October!  We've talked about this since March and I'm so happy that it is really happening!
 
2- Zack and I were talking last night about how much we love the age Elise is right now.  I know lots of people say that about every stage their kids go through, but for me I'm loving this one!  Elise is still so sweet and baby like in many ways but also such a big grown up girl!
 
3- Ever since leaving Provo, Zack and I have been on the hunt for a great Massaman curry recipe.  Our favorite Thai restaurant, Thai Mango, has THE best and we have been trying to recreate it ever since.  This week we got very close!  I used this recipe and the only thing I did different was to add about 2 Tbs. of oyster sauce. It was delicious!
 
4- I was released from the nursery this week and called as a Relief Society activities committee member.  This is by far one of my favorite callings!  I love it!
 
5- For the first time since making all of my seasonal decorations, I have a display up for September! When I started to make something for all of the months it was October and the next season I couldn't find them after the move!  Below is a picture of what it looks like!
 
 
I love that in this apartment I have a great place to display all my decorations!  I found the printable for this month  here.  It reads, "Caramel apples, pumpkin pie, fall is here, my oh my!"  I thought it was cute.  I also love the acorn and the books and bouquet of pencils for September!  Here's to a great month!


1 comment:

Shantel said...

Cute cute decorations! I really love the bouquet of pencils. Such a fun thing.