Monday, April 15, 2013

Train ride to Chicago!

This weekend Zack's mom and sisters came out to visit him in Chicago!  He was able to spend Thursday-Sunday with them and Elise and I joined the fun for the day Saturday.  We decided that instead of paying for a whole tank of gas, paying tolls, parking for the day we would try out the Amtrak!  It was great, quick and easy :)  We were definitely fans!
Elise smiling for the ceiling with Grandma
 
We met up with them at Navy Pier and Elise has a BLAST running all over the place!  She chased every pigeon and tried to jump into Lake Michigan several times, unsuccessfully. Thank goodness.
Elise with Aunts Nina, Alicia and Sonia
 
We grabbed lunch at Navy Pier and also had some delicious Haagen Dazs ice cream there too.  That might have been one of Elise's favorite parts!
Zack and his family in the John Hancock lobby
 
We walked up and down the Magnificent Mile while the girls did some shopping.  Elise did really well considering that she skipped her nap that day.  She had a lot of fun playing with Grandma and all of her Aunts.  I'm glad she got to see them and put their names to their face. I want her to know her family even though we don't get to see them as often as we'd like!
Elise enjoying her set up on the train ride home!
 
I thought she'd for sure fall asleep on the train ride home but I was wrong!  She was still full of energy and loved standing on her seat and looking out the window!  I'm glad she would at least sit still and watch a show since my pregnant self was so exhausted from walking/standing up all day long!  My legs were really feeling it!  I'm just happy I didn't walk myself into labor ;)
 
She fell asleep on the car ride home!  I got her into her pajamas and laid her in bed and never heard another peep until the next morning!  Looks like that is what too much fun will do to you!

6 comments:

Talbots said...

I had the best time. Thank you to all of you!

Alicia said...

Thanks for making the trek out to see us in Chicago! It was so fun to see you guys and play with Elise! I had to laugh seeing the mints and red bag I gave her as part of her set up on the train! She is hilarious!!

Niederfam said...

So fun. I love that you took the train too, looks like Elise was a FAN.

I was a little happy to see you all bundled up too, just like our girls trip in October.....maybe it's NEVER warm there.....although it snowed here today, so maybe it's NEVER warm anywhere.....Thank goodness I'm headed to the beach in a few weeks, it BETTER be warm there!!!!

Nicole said...

Yay! How fun. Too bad the weather wasn't a bit nicer for you guys, but that's how it goes I guess! Glad Elise did so well on the train!

I wanna see a pic of your belly!

Shantel said...

What a fun little trip. I know it must be hard being so far away from family, but it is so neat for you to be able to go and experience so many cool things.

Amy Lovell said...

How far is Chicago from you? I can't wait to go visit there (I've never been) while we're living in Illinois.