Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Date Night!

Zack, Elise and me with my spoils from the date!

This past Saturday my siblings and I had a fun date night!  I found the idea on my cousins blog and adapted it to fit us better.  Basically we sent the guys out on a scavenger hunt, complete with clues, and they went around town to buy us presents :)  Who wouldn't like that?!  At first the guys weren't all that thrilled to be sent out on a "man date", but I think in the end they ended up having a great time too.  The clues sent the boys to the following places:

-The kitchen table to make us a card
-Macey's grocery store for some candy
-Sees Chocolate
-Claire's for some jewelry
-Bath and Body Works
-Deseret Book
-Back home again for the present reveal and some delicious banana splits!

The participants!  Please excuse our matching outfits- we had taken family pictures earlier that day!  I bet the boys loved going to mall together in matching clothes :)
The girls all stayed home and watched the kiddos while the boys went out.  It was fun to see what all the girls thought the boys would get us, and what they ended up buying.  We were all very pleased with the results even if the boys did break a few of the rules. Thanks for playing along with us boys!!  We love you and appreciate all you do!

3 comments:

Holly Petty said...

Ha! I love it.

Especially the coordinated shopping spree.

Niederfam said...

It was FUN.....apparently none of us would score too highly on the "newlywed game" though, would we.......;)

Wendy said...

How fun! I've had my eye on that Our Best Bites Cookbook for a couple of months now. I love their website and would love to have the hard copy of their recipes.