Sunday, April 5, 2009

Easter Eggs!

This Friday we got together with the Phillips to dye some Easter eggs in preparation for the upcoming holiday. Shauna had made up quite the variety of fun colors for us to use! Thanks for donating the eggs!!

While dyeing, we had a discussion about egg dyeing in our own families. Zack said they would always dye regular eggs, not hard boiled. He said that on Easter morning, his dad would use those to make a big omelet for breakfast for everyone. I had never heard this, I always thought they were hard boiled for everyone! What do you do in your family? I LOVE making them into deviled eggs afterward-yum!

We had a good time with them and they also introduced us to a new fun game! It is called 'For Sale'. I really like it because it is easy to learn, and is a quick game! Right up my alley- I'm very picky with my games. So, if you are a gamer, you should enjoy this one!

We also enjoyed listening to the words of our Prophet and his apostles and seventy memebers and know there is much we can be working on! Hope you had a fun weekend!

Shauna, Me and Zack. Thanks Roger for being our photographer :)



Our bright and fun eggs!


Shauna and I with our eggs

3 comments:

Noelle said...

Ha ha ha, in the first sentence I thought it said "We got together with Philip Dye..." I was like, uhm... okay?

Looks like fun though! We do hard boiled ones, but eggs give me a belly ache so I guess I wouldn't mind if they were hard-boiled or not. I can see it turning into a disaster if you start to mix it up though...

The MAAY Family said...

Hey thanks Emily! Just let me know when you want to do it. Sounds great!

galbraithfam said...

Looked super fun--but just you wait for Easter! We Galbraith's definitely know how to PARTAY!