Sunday, July 8, 2012

Six on Sunday

I've taken a pretty long break from my Five on Friday posts and today I felt like doing one.  So I changed the title!  Here goes!

-My dear husband gets home from his month long medical mission in Peru on Wednesday and I'm so excited to see him :)

-I've found a new artist that I really like!  I had listened to Mindy Gledhill here and there on my EFY cd's and other things and always thought she was talented but that she only did LDS music/songs.  When my brother Ryan was here a few weeks ago he put her cd in and I loved it!  She has some great pop songs that are a lot of fun and exactly my genre of music that enjoy.  I put her as a new station on Pandora and have been happily listening since!

-Being around her cousins has really increased Elise's vocabulary!  Her new favorite word is binky!  She says it all the time and hearing her little speaking voice is so darling!  It makes me so happy. She even found one of her binkies underneath the couch for me by lying flat on the floor yelling "binky binky binky!"  Other words she has leared are her cousins names, Molly and Ali. 

-I was able to spend much of the afternoon with my old roomates. We had lunch up Emigration Canyon at Ruth's Diner. It was so much fun to get together and kick back just like old times!  Oh how I love those girls!

-Elise slept in until 9am this morning!!!  It was so delightful!!!

-While being her in Utah, Elise turned 18 months.  The great thing about that means that she is finally of legal nursery age!  When I go back to Wisconsin it won't matter since I'm in the nursery so I don't really get a break but I have been taking full advantage of it here and it has been so wonderful to sit peacefully through sunday school and Relief Society again :)


Old roomies!!  From L to R: Kristen, Kortney, Janae, Emily
I had a great time!!  Miss you girls!

3 comments:

emily said...

yay to husbands being back home!

i LOVE ruth's diner and was just telling ben the other day that i want to go!

what?! elise just goes to nursery - just like that? amazing! we're still working on getting lucy to stay the entire time. . .

emily said...

yay to husbands being back home!

i LOVE ruth's diner and was just telling ben the other day that i want to go!

what?! elise just goes to nursery - just like that? amazing! we're still working on getting lucy to stay the entire time. . .

Shantel said...

Cute! How fun to be able to meet up with your old roommates.