Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Palm Desert

This year for our family vacation my parents took us all to stay at the Marriot resort in Palm Desert, CA.  All of my siblings and their kids were able to come except for Todd.  We had a great time watching movies together, laying by the pool, going to disneyland, and of course eating fabulous meals!

Here we are relaxing out at the pool trying to work on our tans!  We also visited another pool nearby that had water slides and a splash pad for all the nieces and nephews to play on.  We had a blast.
Zack and Molly hanging out watching some Disney movies to get ready for the park the next day.
My mom and Becky preparing a delicious meal for the entire crew!  The food was definitely one of the best parts of this trip.

We had and 'un' birthday party for my nieces Lexie and Shay since they live out of state and we won't be able to be there on their real special day.  All the kids had a great time!  We also said we were singing and celebrating Zack since he got his MCAT scores back that day and did AWESOME!!  I am so proud of him :)  He got the exact score he wanted and is feeling much better about applying to med schools now.  Way to go babe!!!
The next morning we left EARLY to drive to Disneyland!  We had a great time and it was fun to go with little kids and see their excitement of all the characters and the rides.  Here we are with good old Pooh Bear :)
What trip to Disneyland can be complete without a churro?!
I wasn't able to go on all the rides I normally would have since I'm pregnant but we still had an awesome time!  I'm glad my siblings were there so Zack could at least go on those rides I couldn't, with them.  Here we are with our goggles for Toy Story Mania!  Awesome ride and lots of fun!
And of course, before we left the park we had to stop by the Gibson Girl ice cream parlor for a treat!  We woke up around 5:30am and didn't leave the park until 10:30 so we were exhausted!

I think it is safe to say a good time was had by all!  Thanks Mom and Dad :)

1 comment:

Shauna said...

Yay for Toy Story Mania! BEST RIDE EVER!!